Author visit: Beeston Fields Primary School
We had a fantastic day, yesterday, when we visited Beeston Fields Primary School in Nottingham in the lead-up to World Book Day 2019.
The Year 3 classes we worked with were fantastic, introducing them to our first book, demonstrating the augmented reality it features, talking about all things Robin Hood and being an author, then running a poetry/rhyming workshop.
The children had some great questions and brilliant ideas for rhymes. It was a real pleasure to see how they reacted to our story and how inspired they were.
If you are looking for something similar, please do get in touch.
Our author visit includes*:
• Introduction to Robin Hood’s Little Outlaws and our story so far
• Author read-through of passages from our first book with screen presentation/animation
• Screen demonstration/animation of augmented reality features for books 1, 2, and 3, and poster give-away, via the Robin Hood’s Little Outlaws app (free to download for Android and iOS)
• Poetry/rhyming workshop including screen presentation
• Q&A time for pupils to discuss what it’s like to be an author and tips on writing/developing ideas
• Printed activity assets, including colouring in sheets, word searches, spot the difference puzzles, ‘history teller’ craft to make
• Free, signed augmented reality poster give-away
• Book bag flyer with 10% discount off signed book purchases (from our website), with unique coupon code for your school
*Session typically lasts one hour and is intended for one class.